The Bride......Episode 6 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

The Bride......Episode 6

Null
“To what I owe you this
unexpected visit, Signora?”
I asked innocently as sat
back from my chair and
studied her fully. “Have a
sit.”
“No. Thank you.”
As always she’s so
fashionably dress with her
hair styled with a neat
chignon, subtle makeup on
her fine-looking face. She
wore a satin royal blue
blouse and a high-waist
pencil skirt with black
stockings and super high-
heels shoes. Her attire was
demure but at the same time
it spoke sexiness…
“You know why I am here.”
She answered vehemently
looking at me with such
coldness in her pretty hazel
eyes.
I hide my smile as I played
with my pen while examining
her intently. “Do I?”
“Yes, you do.” She snapped
abruptly.
“Hmm…” I pretend to think
why she’s in my office early
this morning.
“Stop playing games with
me!” She said furiously.
“You know why the hell I am
here in your office.”
“Remind me again.” I goaded.
“You are sarcastic,
heartless, ungrateful man.”
The ice queen repeated her
opening speech when she
entered my office, her eyes
flashed with anger towards
me. “You are not bluffing.
You really walked away last
night without giving donation
to the charity.”
“I told you last night if
you’ll help me with my
search of bride I will give
your charity hearty
donations.”
“This is all just game to
you, wasn’t?” She fired
back, glaring at my
insolently. I never met a
woman who always glared at
me. Now I wonder if she
ever smiled at me. “Many
children depend on that
money.”
I frowned at her. Did she
think I was just playing
games with my hunt for a
bride? Hell, I am the last
person on earth willing to
find a woman and marry her.
If nonno just didn’t
threatened to give the
company to my cousin Fabio
if I didn’t present my bride
on his birthday I would not
bother to ask for her
assistance.
“Do you think its all game to
me?” I asked her. “Dio. If
nonno didn’t give me
ultimatum I would not bother
to look for a bride,
Francesca.”
“So you’re serious about
that?”
“Of course.” I answered
honestly. I bit back the smile
that threatened to slip from
my face because I have I
feeling that I am making
progress here. It is only a
matter of time before she
submits to help me.
“If…if…” She bites her
bottom lip which I find it so
alluring. “If I help you with
your quest in looking for a
bride how much money you’ll
donate?”
This time I couldn’t help the
grinned that broke into my
face. Because I knew I’ve
already won this battle with
the formidable Francesca
Marcolini. “Half a million
euro.”
The shocked in her face
was priceless, her pretty
eyes went saucer wide.
“You can’t be serious!”
“I am.” I smiled at her
reaction. Really, it’s not
every day I get to stun this
ice queen and I am vastly
happy about it.
“Do you promised to donate
half a million if I help you to
find your bride?” she asked
again after she regained
her composure.
“Of course.” I replied. I
couldn’t help the glee that
roared inside me as of this
moment.
She exhaled deeply. “All
right, fine. I will help you to
find your bride-to-be. When
do you want me to start?”

I grinned at her as I stood
from my chair. “As soon as
possible, cara mia.”
Amber eyes flashed icily on
my direction. “Keep your
promise to donate on the
charity, Signore. Or else I
will kill you.”
“Still don’t trust me,
Francesca?” I pick up the
phone and dialed my
secretary’s number still
holding the gaze of the ice
queen I spoke to my
secretary on the other line.
“Gia, donate half a million
euro in the charity I’ve
attended last night on my
behalf.”
I didn’t wait for my
secretary’s reply and ended
the phone call. “Satisfied?”
She nodded. “One more
thing, Signore.”
I scowled. “What is it?”
“I want a contract.”
“A contract?”
“Yes. Between us.” She
answered with a smiled that
laced with acid. “I want a
contract with a clause
stating that you are not
allowed to harass me in any
form and you are forbid to
talk or look at me with
sexual desire or otherwise.
It will be a breach of
contract I am free to
withdraw my work from you.”
I stared at her
disbelievingly. She’s more
devious than I gave her
credit for. When I didn’t
answer immediately she
added. “Do you agree or
not?”
I puffed a sigh. “Fine. I will
draw your contract and
send them to you
immediately.”
“Good.” Triumph flickered in
the depth of her eyes. “I
look forward working with
you, Signore Orsini.”
She didn’t even say
anything before she walked
out in my office as if nothing
happened. She’s vastly
happy with her contract,
wasn’t she? As if, that
would stop me.
Just wait and see, the
devious voice inside my
head whispered. I will find a
loophole in your contract.
Just wait and see…

To be continue
Null

Post a comment