The Bride...Episode 2 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

The Bride...Episode 2

Null
Now that he mentioned that again. I made me
curious. So I decide to ask him offhandedly.
“Tell me, why do you suddenly want to acquire
a bride?”
He focused his intense dark-eyes in me that
made my shiver. Not by fear but something
else entirely. “I just paid my grandparents a
visit early this day and my grandfather
threatened me if I didn’t present my bride-to-
be before his ninety-second birthday I will be
disinherited.”
I couldn’t help but to raised my eyebrows. Is
that true or his just playing prank with me?
“So you need to help me.” Marco Orsini said.
He’s not asking for my help. He’s demanding
for it. The devil didn’t know how to ask. “If
your grandfather wants you to be married
before his birthday why not find a bride of
your own.”
“Because I don’t want a wife!” He exploded,
standing from his chair he pace my office like
a caged beast. “I don’t want to get married.
But if I will not take a wife, I will lose the
chairmanship in the Orsini Industries. I
couldn’t let it happened.”
“Oh, yes.” I told him with pleasure. I even
placed a smile in my face. “If you ever happen
to find a woman—with that personality of
yours—willing to marry you she’ll be ecstatic
at the thought you’re just marrying her so you
can retain your control over your family’s
company.”
He gave me a thunderous scowled in his
Roman god face. “What’s wrong with my
personality?”
I shrugged, eyeing him from head-to-toe.
“Well, let’s face it. You’ve known for having
sharp-tongue that couldn’t even say a single
complement to another person with that
sarcastic character of yours…”
“Enjoying what you see?” He asked
maddeningly.
I fought hard the blushed that kept on
spreading on my cheeks as I look away.
I heard him laughed throatily. “There’s no law
that saying you couldn’t stare,cara mia.”
“I wasn’t staring.” I murmured, still avoiding
his gaze. “Truthfully. I wasn’t.”
“Yes. You are.” He answered cheerfully. A
devil’s satisfaction gleamed on his dark-eyes.
“I can tell when I woman looked at me.”
I snorted. “You’re deluding yourself,Signore.”
“Really?” He asked. He surprised me when I
started to advance here where I am sitting and
stood in front of my table as he placed his
hands on either side of the glass table and
leaned down. I automatically sat back on my
chair. “Are you fascinated with my body, Your
Highness?”
“Are you flirting with me?”
His voiced became silky soft. His eyes held
flames on their depth. “What if I am?” He
asked. “Is it working?”
I ignore the thunderous thud of my heart, as I
laughed off his ridiculous suggestion. “Of
course not. Why would I be swayed by your
flirting? It may work on other women but not
me.”
“Ah, that’s more the pity.” He said, as he
thankfully removed himself from my table and
walk back in the chair he occupied awhile
ago. “That’s why I need you on the job to look
for my bride.”
I sighed. “I told you…”
“I will pay you.” He offered sweetly. “I will pay
you trice the amount your student willing to
pay you in order for them to learn the social
etiquette of the society.”
“No.” I told him firmly. “I will not accept your
proposal to me. I will not find you a bride.”
If I thought that he finally surrender I was
mistaken. He gave me a rakish smile as
happened to glance at his watch and stood
from his chair. “Oh, you will.”
“I’m not.”
“I have to go now.” He announced regretfully
as he opened the door of my office. “One way
or the other, my lovely ice queen. You will find
me a bride beforenonno’sbirthday. I will make
sure of it. We will be in each other’s pocket
until then. This will be thestartof our good
friendship. Goodbye for now, Francescamia. I
will keep in touch.”
Once he firmly shut the door on my office. I
breathe deeply I didn’t realized I was holding.
I didn’t know where I’m more scared, the fact
that he stubbornly wants me finds him a bride
or the fact that he promised that this will be
the start of our friendship?
I shivered at the thought.

To be continue
Null

Post a comment