The Bride......Episode 5 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

The Bride......Episode 5

Null
Unless both sides win, no
agreement can be permanent.
-Jimmy Carter
Francesca Marcolini’s
POV
I couldn’t believe it. I
stared at the report on last
night charity ball. He wasn’t
lying, I thought furiously.
He didn’t donate even a
single centavo because I
refused to help him with his
ridiculous quest. That
heatless man walked away
without giving donations to
the charity he claimed he’d
been supporting.
I stood abruptly from my
chair and grabbed my bag
on the table. “Lucy,” I told
my young secretary just
outside my office without
stopping from my tracks.
“Cancel all of my
appointments today.”
“May I ask where are you
going in case someone looks
for you, Mrs. Marcolini?”
I gave her a grim smile as I
look back where she’d been
sitting. “I’m going to see an
exasperating man.”
I didn’t wait for my
secretary’s reply before
marching to the elevator
purposefully. Right now, I
only have one thing in my
mind—that is, to confront
that womanizer devil who’d
been a plague to me ever
since I have the misfortune
to meet him years ago.
The moment I saw him
fifteen seconds of his
company I concluded that I
didn’t like him as much as he
didn’t like me. He was the
personification of what I
hate in a person. He’s
sarcastic sharp-tongue
libertine who viewed the
world with such cynicism in
his pitch black-eyes. You
couldn’t say a single
observation without him
replying in sardonic manner.
Sometimes—no, most of the
time we’re forced to endure
each other’s company I am
sure as hell that we only
prevent ourselves in killing
each other.
He’s my nemesis. My
archenemy.
So why in the world he
suddenly wants me to find
him his bride?
Why he’s plaguing me with
this stuff?
Is this the new way he
thought to amuse himself in
annoying me?
I have enough of this. I
flagged the taxi and barked
his office address to the cab
driver. I will confront him
and demand what is wrong
with him. I will not let him
toyed the charity just to
infuriate me. Those children
seriously needed his
donations.
After suffering from the
gruesome traffic in Rome the
cap finally pulled over the
pavement in front of the
Orsini Industries. I took a
deep breath as I slid of the
cab. I can do this, I told
myself once again as I
repeated those words inside
the car.
I strode at the magnificent
modern lobby where Marco
Orsini ruled like a king he
thought he was. I rode the
elevator ignoring the
curious stares being thrown
in my direction by the people
inside the lobby. I held
myself with such dignity. I
never let them affect me
with their curious stares.
Once I arrived at the top
floors where his office
located I strode inside not
bothering to ask his
secretary if he’s available
or not. By now I have only a
thread-bare of patience left
for him as I invade his office.
“You are sarcastic.
Heartless. Ungrateful. Man.”
Marco Orsini’s POV
I wasn’t entirely surprised
when Francesca Marcolini
barged in my office and spit
those words with such
menacing fervor, given that
I didn’t donate even a
single penny on the charity
event where she’s one of
the organizers.
Oh, I intend to donate to
that charity but I thought
keep my endowment first
and used it as lever to this
woman so she can help me
with my problem.
And I am not mistaken, I
thought smugly. She’s
standing in front of me,
wasn’t she? With all of her
refine glory.
To be continue
Null

Post a comment