I and Ogechi...Episode 25 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

I and Ogechi...Episode 25

Null

She went ahead to explain that my action that night did not take her by
surprise. She
had always seen it coming. She only said she prayed it wouldn’t come sooner than
later. How I managed to overcome my lust that night remains a mystery to her, she said. She even
said she was disappointed

when I didn’t pull through that night, even
though she gave me a good remark for not
pulling through. I didn’t really understand
that statement of hers. She also went ahead
to tell them all I went through just to win
her heart afterwards. Things like me joining
the choir after she had stopped visiting me
and all that. It was so much fun listening to
her talk about me like I wasn’t there. The
feeling is damn good! If you’ve not been in
such position before, try to.
“My brother’s presence at my house helped
matters a lot, Ogechi continued her story;
Prince charming couldn’t visit me like he
would have done if my brother wasn’t
around. Neither did he ask me out anymore.
He was so busy trying to gain a place in my
heart without raising any ill suspicions.
Little did he know that he owned my heart.
Though I was pushing him away, I was
afraid he might leave. So I was careful not
to suggest to him with my actions that I
didn’t want him around anymore. My brother
left a while later and we resumed all that
was paused.
It wasn’t long before he broke his silence to
me at a bar he took me to one of those
days. He asked me to be his girl in the
most poetic way ever. Like I said, I was
already in love with that guy, so when he
poured out his heart to me, I couldn’t
pretend to be glad about the development,
and that made him think I was still
contemplating on whether to give him a
chance or not. However, I knew that with he
and I formally dating, things between he
and I would escalate to another level where
I wouldn’t have to think twice should he
demand for a piece of me. Was I ready for
that? The answer is no. But who was I to
decline when I had fallen head over hills for
him. So I consented verbally in due course
and we sealed it with our first kiss. It may
have been more if the atmosphere was
conducive enough but you dare not try that
inside Oliva Twist no matter how much
more you want.
The Romeo and Juliet started in earnest
between us. There was no end to our public
hugs and kisses on campus, especially as
he had switched to my school and was in
the same department with me. That was my
idea, and I reaped the reward dearly. Six
months passed and he hadn’t demanded for
the cookie yet. Apparently, he was afraid I
might push him away again if he made such
advances towards me. I don’t know if I
would have been able to withhold my body
from him if he asked for it, but fact
remains that my fears didn’t let me do it,
as much as I would have loved to. All he
needed to do was succumb to the pressure
for just once, and it would have been a
different ball game.
I’ve heard of some girls who clearly defined
the terms their relationship with a guy to
be without love making before entering into
it, and that was only if the guy agreed to
such terms. In my case, there was no such
agreement, but that’s exactly what it was
until we graduated from school. Never for
once was anything done towards that
direction and we got so used to being that
way to a point where we forgot that we
could choose to do it and face the
consequences later. I guess none of us was
ready for such consequences. Instead, we
started chasing dreams. He motivated and
encouraged me a lot. He took me to studios
and opened me up to some set of people I
was normally afraid of. One of those days
we came across a singer called Ck. Some
of you here know him. Ck proposed that I
work with him as his backup singer. I
agreed and that was how I hit the wall of
fame and started living my dream. That
was also the initial point of my separation
from my Prince Charming.
To be frank with you all, I got a little
selfish. Never in my life had I been so
celebrated. I was treated like I was a diva.
The attention was much more than I could
handle, the love people showed me was
intoxicating, and the preferential treatment
I kept getting everywhere I went got into
my head that I halted my affair with Prince
Charming in order to get enough of the good
feeling, but I still loved him. Suddenly,
everyone wanted to identify and curry favor
with me. I was barely alone so we couldn’t
spend time together anymore. I wasn’t
afraid of losing him because I had gotten to
know over the years that it took more than
a nice body and features to get his
attention. I also knew that I had eaten too
deep into his soul for him to let go of me
like that, especially with the fact that we
hadn’t known each other beyond the surface
yet. I took advantage of all those and left
to explore the world I had always dreamed
of over the years.
I came to America after graduation to join
Ck as his backup singer. Communication
between me and Prince Charming was
flowing decreasingly. I tried to wrap things
up in America and go back to him but was
informed by Ck’s manager that I won’t be
going back anytime soon because Ck was
getting numerous invitations to perform at
different locations all over the world, and I
would have to go with him to back him up. I
couldn’t believe that was happening to me. I
had to choose between my dreams and
Prince Charming. I called him and told him
the situation of things except the part that
I wasn’t coming home anytime soon. The
last thing Prince Charming would do is to
stop me from pursuing my dreams, so I
didn’t want to put him in a situation of
having to choose whether to pursue my
dreams or come back to him. I summoned
courage one day and told him I wasn’t
coming home soon and that was when
things between us went obviously bizarre.
I got so busy that I couldn’t even take
Prince Charming’s calls anymore because I
was somewhere performing or rehearsing
when he called. I only found out that he
called from my manager or his voice
messages. I got rich, I got famous, but I
got lonely. I wanted to ask him to come
over to me here but my manager objected,
saying my label won’t condone such and
that he was going to draw me backward with
his loser’s mentality. It was clear my
manager didn’t want him around and if I got
stubborn and went ahead to bring him over,
he and my manager would always be
involved in a clash. I didn’t want that for
anyone, so I just stayed back in America
and hoped that fate will keep what is mine
for me.
For a long period of time, he and I did not
communicate and I couldn’t help but wonder
if he had replaced me with someone else
already. I had no means of getting such
information, so I just believed that he will
still end up in my arms no matter where he
had strayed to. After a while of not
communicating with him, it seemed like I
had gotten used to being without him. And
since there were so much to do, it kind of
skipped my mind that Prince Charming
existed. But I knew in my heart that I was
in love, and with no one else but him.
Things gradually unfolded as Ogechi kept
pouring her heart out unreservedly. My eyes
got wet and tears nearly rolled down my
eyes when I braced up myself as a man and
gnashed my teeth as I snapped out of that
emotional state. So Ogechi didn’t really
abandon me after all like I thought. She was
just succumbing to pressure she couldn’t
stand against. Then I found out all I needed
to find out. She had always loved me all
those years and was yearning for us to get
together again. But why was she telling
these people all these things? I asked
myself. Why did she go as far as telling
them about the romance aspect of it? She
even talked about bleeping! Like seriously,
that was way out of the box. I started
wondering why and couldn’t believe that
Ogechi would let strangers in on such
details. But it appeared I was greatly
mistaken because she did more than talk
about her romance with me. She went ahead
to tell them a whole lot more about her
romance, but this time, not with me.
To be continued.
Null

Post a comment