THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 15 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 15

Null
Kelvin and Bode woke up very early in the morning and walked into Frank's room to check on him. Frank was already awake
when they came in, he stared at them as they walked in.

"How far? " Bode asked as he sat on the bed, Kelvin stood by the wall side.

"I dey jare"

"What happened to you yesterday? Where did they take you to? " Kelvin inquired with concern shown in his voice

"It was Chief Olatunbosun that sent those thugs"

"Chief Olatunbosun?" Bode asked surprised, "what did he do to you?"

"Nothing, Bola must have told him that I refused to come see him. I thank God she said I was scared, didn't know what would have happened if she said I just stubbornly refused like I really tried to portray"

"Chai! So what did he say to you?"

"He asked me to go pick a date for the wedding"

"What wedding?"

"What kind of question is that? Wedding between me and Bola of course"

"And are you ready to get married to her?"

"Am I crazy? Why should I marry her? I don't even feel a thing for her?"

"So what would you do now?"

"I don't know. I'm thinking of running away from this city to a place they can't find me"

"No, you can't do that. Why didn't you just explain to him everything that happened and tell him you are interested in his daughter?"

"Hahahaha, you must be kidding me. I guess you are not glad to see me return home alive" with that Frank stood up from his bed and picked up his towel where it hung, he headed for the bathroom.

"Guys, I need to prepare for Church service, It's now that I really need God's guidance in my life"


*2.30pm after church service*



"So what are you planning to do?" Bide asked as they took a meal of beans and plantain

"I don't know yet. The only option I've got is to leave this city and go somewhere far maybe another country"

"Leave this city? But how do you intend to cope outside this city? Everything you have is here" Kelvin contributed.

" I just have to leave, I have no other option. I can't get married to Bola, and I cant face the man to tell him, he'll probably kill me"

"How would you control your salons?"

"I'll sell them off and use the monies to start something new"

"Hmm, you seem convinced about this decision. Are you sure you can do this?"

"Yes, I can. The only thing that will hurt me most is leaving you guys here" he looked up and smiled which turned into a frown immediately, " and also without having Amarachi love me too"

"Hmm, talking about Amarachi. She had an accident yesterday"

"Accident? " frank asked alarmed.

"Yeah, but it wasn't much. She only sustained minor injuries and she should be discharged from the hospital today. What I don't know is if she's at home already"

"Hmm, I wish I could see her. Bola just destroyed everything I could have had with this girl"

"I don't know how you'll feel if I tell you this Frank"

"What? Go ahead and tell me, I'm a man"

"She has a boyfriend, I met with the dude yesterday, he paid the bills"

"Hmmm", Frank let out a heavy sigh.

"You just have to let her go. Let's focus on finding a solution to the problem at hand"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"This is one o'clock already, don't you think its time to check on Ama in the hospital? The doctor said she'll be discharged today." Kelvin said as he settled into the sofa in Ini's living room.

"Kelvin, how was church service today?" Ini replied serving him fruit juice, pretending not to hear his comment about Amarachi.

"Church was fine. That's unimportant for now, have you called Amarachi today? What time will she be discharged?"

"Kelvin! Did you come here for me or for Amarachi?" She replied sharply.

"Come on, what's the matter with you? Why are you acting unconcerned about your friend?"

"Look Kelvin, Amarachi is not a kid and she does not have broken legs and arms, she'll find her way home"

"I don't believe this, are you this callous?" He asked, visibly getting displeased with Ini.

"I'm not callous, I'm only being careful"

"Careful for what?"

"Careful not to loose you"

"Loose me?"

"Yes, look Kelvin. I know Amarachi more than you do"

"So if you don't trust her why do you still keep her as a friend?"

Ini was silent for some seconds,

"See Kelvin, it's not about trusting her"

"Then its about what?"

"Kelvin, I don't want past events to reoccur"

"What past events?"

"You won't understand", she paused for some seconds , "okay Kelvin, I'll go there for you. But you should know all I'm doing is because I don't want to loose you"

"Just go change your clothes, let's go to the hospital now"

Ini went into her room to put on a better cloth. She came out two minutes later but found Dennis and Amarachi already seated in the living room.

Her eyes met Amarachi's, they looked at each other intently for some seconds. Ini felt a touch of guilt as she looked at Amarachi who looked innocent but she hardened her heart when she remembered that Amarachi's face had always looked innocent but she ended up getting whatever She, Ini wanted.

She had sacrificed a lot for her because she loved her as a Friend and because there had been several occasions where Amarachi had also helped and supported her. But Kelvin was one who she had fallen in love with so much and couldn't allow anything take him away from her.

Amarachi spoke finally with a smile on her face,

" Hi Ini"

TBC......
Null

Post a comment