THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDA CHAPTER 28 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDA CHAPTER 28

Null
"So are you inviting us to your babe's party tomorrow?" Bode smiled as he inquired from Kelvin who was sitting opposite him.


"Come on, I thought I told you before. She is not throwing any party" he answered, trying to take off his shoes.

"Alright na, na low key she dey be that"

"Yes o" Kelvin replied and stood up to walk into his room but turned back, "come o, I never hear Frank voice since I don enta, wetin dey happen?"

"He's not back yet"

"Haba! Where did he go? He didn't tell any of us before he left"

"Yeah, I think we should call him sef" Bode picked his phone and dialled, he look at Frank's face. "It's ringing, but he's not picking it"

"Hope he didn't leave his phone at home?"

"I don't know, I..." Bode was unable to complete his sentence as Frank walked in at that moment, looking ruffled and tired.

"Frank, where you con waka go since?" Bode asked

Frank settled into the sofa ignoring the questions at first.
"Oh boy, I'm so tired. Is anything available to eat?"

"Yes" Bode answered."Your jollof rice in the kitchen, but where are you coming..."

He was cut short again as Frank stood up immediately and headed for the kitchen. He went after him and was followed by Kelvin who was watching silently from the passage to his room.

Frank open the pot and placed it on the slab after checking the content. He rinsed a spoon and started eating directly from the pot since it only contained his own portion of the food.

"Na wa o, where did you go since na? Did you go to fight someone?" Bode continued to pester.

"Won't you let me eat first?" Frank snapped, he coughed and went for a bottle of water in the fridge. He gulped down the water without bothering to use a cup.

"Okay, enjoy your food" Bode walked back to the parlour followed closely by Kelvin who then went into his room to change his clothes.

Kelvin was back to the sitting room within two minutes, he sat down close to Bode and they began to talk in low tones, discussing what could have happened to their friend.

After about five minutes, Frank came out of the kitchen but instead of coming to meet his waiting friends. He walked straight to his room. Bode and Kelvin glanced at each other and after some seconds of hesitation, they headed for Frank's room.

When they got there, Frank was lying faced down on his bed in his boxers only with his clothes flung around the room. He sat up as he noticed their presence in the room.

"Is anything the matter Frank? Did you have a fight?" Kelvin asked

"No" Frank answered sharply and slowed down again. "I didn't fight anyone, I only went to see Chief Olatunbosun"

"Oh!" Kelvin and Bode exclaimed simultaneously

"What did you go to see him for?" Kelvin asked in amazement. "I thought you were terrified the last time you went"

"What else will I go there for? I went to inform him that I had no intention of getting married to his daughter"

"What?" Bode cut in showing his surprise
" and he, he didn't take it badly?"

"Hehe" Frank gave a short laugh, "he almost killed me at first, but then he let me go"

"Ha! Thank God, but why didn't you tell us before you left home? Why didn't you tell us you were going there?"

"Why should I tell you? So that you can stop me?"

"No, but at least there are other ways you could have sorted this out" Kelvin added.

"What other way Kelv? What other way?"

"Hmm, but what you did was dangerous. What if he got you killed? You know that man is dangerous"

"Yes, he could have killed me. That's better than living my life with Bola or running away to somewhere I don't know"

"But that doesn't still justify your actions, you could have at least told someone so we would have supported you"

"Yes, we wouldn't have known what happened if he killed you"

"I didn't want you guys to know. You would have believed that I had finally run out of the city. But if I had old you and I eventually got killed, you guys might want to fight a battle against Chief Olatunbosun which you will never win and might likely disturb the rest of your life"

"But..."

"It's okay guys" Frank interrupted as he laid back on the bed faced down, "I need to rest a little now because I'll have to meet with Bola later this evening"

"Do you have to do that today also?" Bode queried, "you should rest for the day, don't get yourself into another trouble"

"Please, I don't want to argue about that again. Just leave me alone for now" Frank said and placed his pillow on his head to cover his ears

+++++++++++++++++++++++

*Same 1.30pm


"Why did you stop?" Sandra asked Bola who parked the car again just after driving for less than a minute.

"I think we should call Ini now and tell her to come meet us at the garden where her boyfriend and Amarachi is. We should do that before we go any further"

"Okay, I think that's a great idea. But what would she think if she sees us together?"

"Oh! That's true, you don't have to inform her about me. I'll just park at a reasonable distance from the garden where she can't see my car and you'll be the only one to meet with her" Bola replied.
"And don't forget to tell her that you have picture evidences"

"Alright" Sandra replied and dialled Ini's number on her phone putting it on loud speaker.

"Hello Ini"

"Hi Sandra" Ini replied from other side"

"I've got some news for you" Sandra went straight to the point. "Your boyfriend and Amarachi just went shopping at Tribet Complex and now they are spending time in the garden together. If you can come here now, you'll still meet them"

"Are you sure of what you are saying?" Ini's voice sounded weak.

"Yes, I even have picture evidence here in case you don't meet them"

"Okay, I'll be there in a moment"

"Hurry up, call me once you get there. I'll be waiting for you" Sandra ended the call, she glanced at Bola and smiled, their plans were already working.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*1.40pm

Ini was baffled as she dropped the call, she would have totally believed what Sandra had just told her if not that Amarachi had already walked in fifteen minutes before she received the call. She concluded that Kelvin might be cheating truly but not with Amarachi.

Sandra said Kelvin and his partner are still in the garden, so that means that he was cheating with someone else who may likely have the same body shape and complexion as Amarachi.

She rushed into her room, changed to another top and dusted the trouser jean she was putting on. She picked her car key and left the house without telling Amarachi anything.

As she got into the car, a thought struck her mind. She picked up her phone and dialled Kelvin's number, it rang for several times without being picked. She tried it again the second and third time, she got the same response.

That confirmed her fears, Kelvin was with a girl, he neer picked calls when he was on a date with her too. She ignited the car engine and drove off. She had to catch Kelvin red handed today, atleast he won't be able to deny the allegation.



*****1.40pm

"Yeah, I told you" Bola replied happily, " now insert the memory card into your phone. I want to have a copy of the pictures too, so that I can show them to Frank"

"Okay" Sandra answered, she switched off the phone and removed the back cover carefully. She removed the memory card from the memory card pack and inserted into the slot for memory card in the phone. She placed her own memory card into the pack.

Sandra and Bola waited patiently for the phone to come on after Sandra pressed the power button. After a minute of processing, the phone finally came on, Sandra quickly clicked the pictures gallery icon.

The gallery opened, and no pictures were on display except for the default backgrounds that was on the phone memory. She impatiently navigated to the file folder and opened the memory card, the contents of the memory could not be opened.

Sandra's countenance changed at once, her hand gave way for the phone and it dropped on her laps.

"What's the matter?" Bola who had been watching inquisitively finally asked.

"The memory card is corrupted" Sandra announced

"Corrupted? How can? But he showed us the pictures on them some moments ago"

Sandra passed the phone to Bola who navigated through in disbelief.

"Let's try it on my phone first, before we make any conclusion" Bola unpacked her phone and inserted the memory card, the result was still the same.

"Please, call the guy. Let him come back right away"

"His number is switched off" Sandra replied.

"Oh! That's bad"

"What do we do now?" Sandra sobbed. "After all the troubles, we lost the pictures"

"Come on, we've not lost yet. Let's go check them in the garden, we might still meet them there"

"Do you really believe they will be in the garden? What will they be doing there? They only came to get a gift for Ini. I'm sure they said that to Mark only to send him away"

"Oh! That's true." Bola sighed. "But its okay, let's go home. We can still recover the pictures later and still send them"

"But I already asked Ini to come"

"You'll explain to her, you'll tell her that they left already"

"I promised to show her pictures" Sandra cried.

"Don't worry, she'll understand"

Sandra's phone rang at that moment, she checked the screen. The caller was Ini.

TBC....
Null

Post a comment