THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 4 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 4

Null

Ama and Ini took their lunch in the cafeteria
silently. The place was busy at break as usual
with several workers chatting and eating in pairs

or trios. It was Ama's second time of visiting the
place and her third day at work. She visited the
cafeteria the day before and found their services
quite good, so she didn't hesitate when Ini called
her during break that day.
Ini was about to get up from the table when eyes
met with someone's she had been avoiding,
Benson. Benson was a co worker in her
department and was the most annoying of her
toasters. He had been embarrased by her several
times, but he would always come back. She
would have given him a chance for his
persistence but she couldn't because the guy was
a flirt who wouldn't mind chasing a monkey if it
wore a skirt.
"Ama, let's get out of this place, I don't want that
jerk to meet us here"
"Who's that?"
"I'll tell you about him later, let's go out now"
They hurried out through the other entrance but
were outsmarted by Benson who had gone to
wait for them outside.
"Hi Ini baby, trying to escape from someone?" He
said mockingly
"Ben, what is it you want this time?"
"Baby, you know what I want, just grant my
request and things will be okay"
"Not in this world, nothing like a relationship will
ever happen between both of us. Get that into
your brain."
"Come on baby, ain't I good enough?" He
continued and turning to Ama he said "Hello
Friend, would you help me beg Ini for a chance to
prove myself?"
"Sorry sir, she's obviously not interested in you,
the best you can do is to let her be" Ama replied
and ran after Ini who was already on her way to
the office."
........................................................
Dennis sat in his office, lost in thoughts. He was
thinking about the recent challenge he face at
home. The previous two nights had been almost
sleepless for him as he had to share his bed with
a total stranger. He had begged the Lady to leave
the room but she stayed insisting that her bride
price had been paid and she had a right to share
his room. On the first night, he was disturbed by
her terrible snoring and other sounds she gave
out while sleeping. On the second night, she
clinged to him and insisted hat he performed his
manly duties to her. He managed to escape at a
point and made his way to the guest rooms only
to find out that the keys had been hidden by his
Mum. He had to resort to sleeping in the living
room.
"Hello sir, you sent for me" A voice jerked him off
to reality. He found a pretty figure of Amarachi
standing in front of him, he had to look around
the office for some seconds to recall where he
was.
"Oh, I sent for you?" He asked surprisingly
"Yes sir"
"Erm, I wanted to ask you about the Erm... , the
erm ." He stammered
" The research on prices you asked me to make?"
"Oh Yes" He replied quickly to save himself from
further embarrassment though he was very sure
that wasn't the reason he called for her.
"Here is it sir" Amarachi replied placing a file on
the table, " the market prices of all products are
well documented in there"
Dennis scanned through for some seconds and
dropped it on the table.
"You may leave now"
"Okay sir" Amarachi replied and proceeded to the
door.
She was about to walk out when Dennis found
himself metion her name.
"Sir" She turned back and gave a suprised look at
him.
"Sorry fir troubling you. I wanted to find out what
you will be doing after work today"
"I'm not doing anything, I'll just go home"
"I was wondering if we could have dinner together
tonight"
"Sorry, not today sir. I have so many things to
attend to"
"But I thought you said..."
"Yes sir, I just remembered that I have some work
to do at home"
"Okay, so do we postpone it till weekend?"
"I'm not sure I'll be chanced sir"
"It's okay, thank you"
She left without saying any other word, he
wondered why he gave up easily, he would have
pressed on, maybe she would have agreed.
" I want to relax my hair, how do you do it here?

" Bola asked the person she guessed to be the
manager of the salon.

"We do it for six hundred naira"

"Okay, so who's attending to me? "

"I, every other stylist is busy. So I'll attend to
you" he replied motioning her to the hairdressing
section " come over here"

"Okay, please do it well. This is the first time a
male would relax my hair "

"You have nothing to worry about Miss", He
smiled." I'm a professional"

"Here's my hair relaxer" She said and brought out
the air conditioner.

Bola observed him as he gathered everything he
needed, she wondered what would make a good
looking guy venture into a handwork that is
mostly perceived to be for females. He kept a
neatly shaped low cut that made him look like a
black American, his eyes were the perfect
definition of sexy, his face was the most
handsome she had seen in years.

She felt blood flow faster through her veins as he
worked on her hair, it was more than just of
feeling of relaxing the hair. Although he did it
perfectly, she felt there was something more in
his strong hands that gave her the soothing
feeling.

In some minutes, he was done working on her
hair.

"Wow, you did it well" Bola commented taking a
deep look into his eyes.

"I'm good at what I do Mam" he said taking his
eyes off her after noticing her deep look.

"My name is Bola"

"I'm Frank"

"I stay just opposite your salon across the road"

"Opposite the salon?" He asked in surprise.

"Yes" she said walking out with him following
closely," I stay in that house" she said pointing to
a deep blue gate.

"Oh, that's cool" He said unconsciously, his mind
racing to two days ago. That was the same gate
he saw Amarachi come out from. He was tempted
to ask about her, but advised himself against it.
He concluded they must be friends and if he could
get to be friends with Bola, maybe he could get
Amarachi that way.

"Yeah, I'm having my birthday party this Saturday
at Bovina Hotel and you're invited"

"Oh! Saturday??" He replied excited then talking
silently to himself "that means I can get to meet
Amarachi again"

"6pm, I will be expecting you" she said and
proceeded to take her leave.

"Oh sure, I will be there"
.......................................................................

"Why don't you just give him a trial, it's an
opportunity to chill out you know" Ini said
munching meat pie

"I'm thinking it's too early, I just started this job
and I need to concentrate"

"Come on, how will just having a break disturb
you?"

"Not with my Boss"

"Hahaha, what's wrong with that? Or the guy
isn't cute?

"Cute?"

"Yes, isn't he cute?"

" He's okay"

"Then give him a trial"

"Alright, maybe this weekend"

"Good one girl"Ini replied smiling. Then her
expression changed " Oh! I forgot to tell you,
Saturday is Bola's birthday party"

"Wow, that means I'll have to postpone the date"

"No you don't have to, I will just go alone"

"No, that can't be. I insist, the date is postponed"

"Okay, Mister Manager has to wait then"

"Hehe" Amarachi gave a chuckle.

"Oh! What's that at your back? " Ini asked
putting up a serious look.

As soon as Ama looked backwards, Ini grabbed
her meat pie and ran into the kitchen.

"There's nothing ... Oh! My meat pie, I'll kill you if
you eat it" she pursued after her.

TBC......
Null

Post a comment