THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 27 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 27

Null
"Hi" Amarachi greeted and smiled as she dropped her bag in the car, "You're not going out with Kelvin anymore"

"No"
"Why?" Amarachi asked and took a closer at her, "what's the
matter, you don't look alright"

"It's nothing much jor, just a slight headache"

"Are you sure? You look so famished, don't you think you need to see a doctor"

"No, not at all"

"Alright, let's go home. But I'll have to drive" Ama said as she opened the door and walked to the driver's seat

In no time, they drove out of the garage and hit the traffic. After about half an hour of holdup, the roads became free and they got home in forty minutes time.

As Amarachi drove into the gate, Ini looked at the left side of the fence and noticed Kelvin's car. He had already been waiting for her.

"Come on, let's go in" Amarachi said to Ini just as she parked the car properly and came down.

"No, I'm waiting for Kelvin"

"Kelvin? where's he?"

"He ... " she didn't finish replying as Kelvin walked in through the gate at that time.

"Good evening Kelvin" Amarachi greeted and went ahead to open the door leaving the duo.

"How are you dear?" Kelvin asked cheerfully as he got to the side of the car.

"I'm fine" Ini replied with a smile.

"Don't you think you should see a doctor? I don't like the way you're looking so dull"

"It's nothing, I just need some rest and everything will be okay"

"Alright, can we go in now?" he stretched out his hand in a bid to help her get out of the car.

"Yeah, sure"
"Hey, I need to go out now. I'll see you later" Ama said to Ini who was washing clothes in the bathroom

"Where are you going to very early this Saturday morning?" Ini answered back.

"It's not early, it's eleven thirty already" Ama replied, showing the time from her wristwatch pm pop to Ini.

"Hmm, yes. But you barely go out to anywhere, so where are you going to today? Or is Dennis back from his trip?"

"No, I'll tell you when I'm back jare. Don't delay me" Ama replied and hurried away.


*
In about twenty minutes time, a taxi dropped off Amarachi on front of Tribet Shopping Complex. She sighted Kelvin waving at her just as she came out of the car.

"How did you find me so quickly?" Amarachi asked as she approached him.

"My eyes are sharper than that of an eagle" he answered, smiling broadly.

"Oh! I see" she smiled

"Yeah, so how was your night?"

"It was great, how was yours?"

"It was good. Thanks for coming, its just I'm not really good in picking gifts for people and I don't really know what she would like to have"

"No problem, I'm sure we'll find something good for her here" Amarachi said as they walked into the complex together.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Frank stood and stared at the gate for almost twenty minutes contemplating whether to carry out his plan or not. He wondered what the result would be like, he wasn't expecting a good or favourable result but what he didn't know was how bad it will be.

He made the decision and left home without telling any of his flatmates, he knew his friends had always advised him to take bold steps, but he was very sure they would have advised him against this if he told them.

He was still debating within himself about the right time to go when strong hands gripped him from behind.

"What are you doing here?" The guy asked in a baritone voice.

"Nothing", Frank answered shakily.

"Nothing? You wan make I sand your face abi" the guy continued in pidgin, "you think say I no know since when you reach here abi?"

"No, I'm not doing anything. I'm just waiting for someone" Frank lied

"Waiting for someone and you dey look that gate since abi" the guy scowled, "Okay, you dey wait for your gang abi? Una wan attack my oga"

"No, I don't have any gang o. The truth is I want to see your boss, Chief Olatunbosun"

"Ehn? who do you say you want to see?" He asked squeezing his face like an Ajegunle doing the Alanta dance.

"Chief Olatunbosun"

"Ehen" the guy opened his eyes wide like someone who had just come into realization of something, "you want to kill my Boss abi?"


"No, how can I kill him with all of you around him?"

The guy didn't bother to answer his question but dragged him by the belt all the way into the compound. He took him to where some of his other colleagues and security officials were and forced him to kneel down.

"See wetin I see, na him dey peep for the other side of the road since. E be like say him be spy" the guy announced.

"No o, I'm not a spy o" Frank cried out.

"Shut up for dia" the guy made an attempt to slap Frank but was restricted by another hefty guy.

"Don't touch him, I think I know the guy" the hefty guy said and held Frank's head upward to see his face clearly.

"Are you not the Chief's inlaw we brought here the other time"

"Yes, I am" Frank answered excitedly like someone who has found a saviour.

"What are you doing here? Stand up, Chief must not see you like this"

"I've come to see Chief" Frank replied dusting his trousers.

"Okay, wait here. Let me check if he is available" The hefty guard said and walked away from the scene leaving Frank alone with the other guards there.

Frank's captor hissed and walked away too.

"God save ya head today" , he mumbled as he left.
As Kelvin and Ama walked out of the complex with a bag in Kelvin's hand. A young guy probably in his early twenties collided into Kelvin.

"Hey! I'm sorry" the guy apologised, bending to help Kelvin pick up the fallen bag.

"No problem" Kelvin said and smiled at the guy stretching his hand to collect the bag.

"Hmm, you guys are a nice couple" he complimented, instead of handing over the bag.

"Oh! We are not couples, we just came to get something for someone"

"Handsome man and a very pretty Lady" the guy continued ignored Kelvin answer and faced Ama who had been quiet
"I'm sure you guys would give birth to beautiful kids"

"No, we are not couples" Amarachi spoke out amazed at the guy's persistence.

"Please, can you do me a favour?" He handed the bag to Kelvin and without getting affirmation moved back swiftly bringing a phone out of his pocket. He took two shots of them quickly.

"What do you need that for?" Kelvin asked attempting to move closer and collect the phone.

"Dont worry, I'm just an artist who gets inspired to draw well when I see photos of beautiful people" the guy replied, smiling

"Can you guys move closer a bit or maybe you should hug her so I can take a better shot?" The guy asked Kelvin who was already getting.


"No, we don't have time for that" Amarachi spoke up.
"We have a lot of other things to do"

She walked past the man quickly and Kelvin followed her

"Are you guys still around here, so I can come take more pictures" the guy shouted as they moved farther.


"Yes, you can meet us at that garden in one hour time" Amarachi lied.


"Do you think that guy is really an artist?" Amarachi paused and asked as soon as they lost sight of the guy.

"I don't know really, but what else can he be?" Kelvin shrugged.
"Nonsense!" Chief Olatunbosun stood up and slammed , "are you trying to say she raped you?"

"No, she didn't rape me but I was drunk that day and I never knew what I did"

"Are you allright? You mean you didn't know what you were doing when she took you home, took off your clothes and had sex with you?"

"I swear, I was drunk. I didn't use to take alcohol prior to that time so I didn't know it could have such effect on me"

"Okay" the Chief replied in a lower tone and sat on the sofa.
"And why are you kneeling? Who is punishing you?" He asked Frank who was knelt down, with disgust written all over his face. "Come on, get up and have your seat"

"No, please sir. Let me remain this way"

"I say get up and have your seat" he scowled at him.

Frank hurriedly got up and sat partially without comfort. He looked fearfully at the man and the mean bodyguard who stared at him awkwardly as if in readiness to pounce on him at the slightest opportunity.

"So, you don't want to get married to my daughter or what are you saying now?"

"Sir, I'm not just ready for marriage now" he answered in a shaky voice.

"What's the matter? Is it the money that's the problem?"

"No sir, ermmm..." He stammered for some seconds before gaining confidence to continue, "I never planned to get married to her before"

"What?" Chief raised his voice, "but you told me you loved her"

"I said it out of panic sir, we never had a relationship prior to that night we I was drunk"

"How dare you lie to me?" The man flared up, he stood up and grabbed Frank's neck.

He tightened his grip until Frank was almost gasping for breath, the released his group and dropped Frank on the floor.

"Her tommy is shooting out already and you want to back out? You want to bring shame on me?" He continued to fume in anger. "I'll give you only two days to change your mind, you hear"

Frank gave no response as he struggled on the floor, his eyes red from the pain.

"Look here, you'll get a hundred million naira when you get married to my daughter "

"No, I don't love her sir. I'll never get married to her" he muttered

The Chief dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a revolver, he pointed it towards Frank.

Frank closed his eyes in anticipation of the worst, but after thirty seconds he opened his eyes to find the Chief returning the gun into his pocket.

"I like your boldness and I don't blame you, I blame my daughter", the man said and faced the opposite side. "I wont kill you here, now, get out of my sight before I change my mind"
"Madam, I'm done with the job" Mark leaned over the car as he talked to the occupants, Sandra and Bola.

"Hope you did the job well?"
"Did you get a clear picture of them?" Bola and Sandra questioned almost simultaneously

"Yes, I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the complex. So I didn't really get a good picture inside but I was able to deceive them that I am an artist so I got two pictures of them standing closely together"

"Wow! Good" Sandra replied, " Can we see the pictures?"

The guy brought out his phone and showed them the pictures. Sandra and Bola looked with interest. After they got contented, Bola asked, "so how much did you say is the balance?"

"Fifty thousand naira"

"Alright" , she brought out an envelope and handed it over to him.

"Thank you madam" the guy smiled as he looked into the envelope. "I also learnt that they will still be in the garden close to the complex in forty minutes time"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" he affirmed, "please I need my phone, what I'll do is give you the memory card"

His phone was handed to him and he quickly removed the back cover and battery without switching it of. He removed the memory card, placed it in a memory card pack and handed it to Sandra.

"Alright, thank you so much. I'll call you next time I need you" Sandra dismissed him.



To be continued.....
Null

Post a comment