I and Ogechi...Episode 18 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

I and Ogechi...Episode 18

Null

The movie premiere finally came to an end.



I and Cynthia made sure to say goodbye to a good number of people before leaving.

Cynthia drove the car. Midway home she made a turn that didn’t lead to her house.
Where’s she going? I asked in my heart. I said nothing to her because I didn’t want anything that would ruin the mood I had succeeded to get her into by pronouncing her my woman. I knew she took it seriously. But I didn’t bother to find a way to make her understand I wasn’t really serious. I was exhausted already and wanted to rest badly. In addition, I have been proclaimed a celebrity in the presence of dignitaries who have identified with me and expect to watch my films and listen to my music. That became a problem to me.

So whatever I had said of Cynthia didn’t
bother me. All I was thinking about was how to live up to the expectation of those people
who saw me as a celebrity.
Cynthia drove us to a lone street with noise
and the sound of music coming from just
one out of the many buildings on that
street. She drove to that building and
stopped.
‘Where is this?’ I asked.
‘It’s a club’ Cynthia replied softly.
I could tell she was in high spirit and
wanted to let it out in that club. I don’t do
clubs, even in Nigeria but since we had
already gotten there I had no choice. We
stepped out of the car and entered inside.
There were lots of people and this was
about 10pm. There were no chairs there.
Only some stools at the bar for a number of
people who wanted to have a drink. Even at
that, the stools were not sufficient enough
as some ended up standing to have their
drinks. It didn’t bother them.
The club house was a large on, yet we
could barely make it through from the
entrance to the bar. ‘Two glasses of vodka’
Cynthia ordered. ‘Alright ma’am’ the
bartender responded and left to serve her
order.
‘Why two glasses? I asked. You know I
don’t do alcohol’
‘Don’t give me that! She said. Tonight is
special.
‘Do you mind telling me what’s special
about the night? Because I don’t seem to
have a clue.
‘We’re celebraaaaating’
‘Really? What are we celebrating if I may
ask?
‘Friendship I guess.
Oh yeah, friendship. We could have done
that back at home, just you and me.
‘Perfect! Cynthia screamed. We’ll definitely
continue at home. In fact, I’ll serve the
best part of the celebration for last’ she
said grinning lustfully at me’
‘Here’s your order ma’am, the bartender
said as he pushed two glasses of vodka
towards us’
‘Thank you handsome’, Cynthia said.
Cynthia grabbed one glass of vodka and
emptied it into her mouth and squeezed her
face like one who tasted something bitter.
She handed the other glass to me and I was
about objecting when she flung her left
arms around my neck and put the drink in
my mouth. I refused to open my mouth and
take the drink or say anything because if I
tried to say something she would just throw
the drink into my mouth. But what she was
doing to me became like a drama to most
people in the club and little by little their
attention was on us. When I saw many of
them turning to watch us, I opened my
mouth and took the drink so that all that
more undue attention would be averted.
After I took the drink the people in the club
gave us a round of applause. Na wa for
Americans oo. Imagine such a thing
happening in Nigeria, no one would even
notice it, let alone paying attention to it.
But there it attracted some degree of
celebration.
Cynthia refused to let go off me. Instead
she ordered for two more glasses of vodka
and gave one to me in the same manner.
She continued like that until we both had
five glasses while being watched by over
50% of people in that club. What we did
became like a show that interested
everyone and made them want to stick
around to see how it ends.
She then dragged me to the dance floor for
a dance. I’m not a good dancer. In fact, I’m
not a dancer at all. But even if I said that a
million times to Cynthia, she wouldn’t hit
the dance floor without me. At this point,
she wasn’t the Cynthia I had always known,
neither was I the Jesusboy Ogechi had
always known. I bet Ogechi would get on
her knees and start praying for me if she
knew the condition I was at that point in
time. I followed Cynthia reluctantly to the
dance floor telling her I didn’t know how to
dance. Cynthia didn’t give a rat ass about
that. She was like a lioness that had laid
hold of best prey ever. She was way beyond
logical reasoning and the only language she
understood was FUN.
Although I was trying to get her to
understand that I didn’t want to hit the
dance floor with her, I was enjoying every
bit of what she was doing. Five glasses of
vodka turned things around. I was in another
world indeed. I eventually got to love the
attention the people in the club were giving
us and I began to dance. I wouldn’t know if
that thing I did was called dancing but I
sure moved to the rhythm of the music. I
could hear them hailing and clapping from
time to time and that spurred me up all the
more.
As time went on I couldn’t seem to get a
clear picture of anything again,
nevertheless, I didn’t give anyone a dull
moment because the crowd didn’t stop
applauding, hailing, and laughing. Maybe I
did a few Mr. Bin stuff in there. I wouldn’t
know. But I know I was drooling at Cynthia
while doing what seemed to me like
dancing. She wiggled and wiggled that I
began to entertain wild thoughts I hadn’t
entertained in years. Mehn, this Cynthia is
one hell of a girl. You need to meet her.
The light that gave life to my sight shrunk
until it was no more. Even the sound of
noise and music gradually reduced until
everywhere became silent like a grave yard.
Then I heard Cynthia saying; don’t sleep on
me little boy. She was smiling, she was
drooling, and she was grinning. I opened my
eyes to realize that she was trying to lead
me to her car and head back home. My
eyes were fixed on her lips. The allurement
of her lips made me return the smile, grin
and drool. I could tell she was screaming
the words she was saying to me but it
sounded to me like she was miming to
nothing. I tried to keep myself awake but as
soon as Cynthia moved the car and the cool
from the factory fitted air conditioner of
the car made contact with my sweaty skin,
my eyelids hugged each other again and I
lost contact with the real world.
Many things happened after I lost contact
with the real world. Things like Cynthia
driving me home, two of her maids
assisting me to my room since my feet
couldn’t carry me, taking off my cloths and
leading me to the shower to have my bath
and rid myself of the smell of alcohol.
You’ve got to be kidding me. I thought those
things only happen in China. After they put
me in the shower and turned it on, I felt
like an eagle that just hatched when the
water touched my sweaty skin. The two
maids stood there staring at me as I played
under the shower like a kid who wasn’t
aware of what it meant to be naked before
people. It was a good thing they didn’t take
off all the cloths I had on. They left me
with the tommy Hilfiger boxer I had own. I
bet they thought I was going to dismiss
them and continue the rest by myself but
they probably had the biggest shock of their
lives when they saw me bath with my boxer
on. That’s why they stayed back to observe
me closely. They must have believed I had
lost my mind. Not that I was really aware of
what I was doing anyway. I had five glasses
of vodka working wonders in my system.
Next thing I heard was Cynthia’s voice
scolding her maids for staying back to
watch me have my bath. She took it really
personal. She was high, so she wasn’t
acting like she normally would. Five glasses
of vodka was also working wonders in her
system. The maids tried to explain to her
that they stayed back in case I happened to
need anything since I was not in my right
frame of mind. ‘How dare you say he’s not
in the right frame of mind? Cynthia asked
with extreme annoyance. ‘Now let me show
you what it means to not be in the right
frame of mind’. She drew near to them and
gave them two slaps, one for each of them.
I just sat back in the shower and enjoyed
the drama. When I saw that Cynthia was
blowing things out of proportion, I stepped
in. I wonder how I managed to know she
was blowing things out of proportion.
‘I told them to stay back’ I said. I really
needed someone around so I stopped them
from leaving’. ‘Really?’ Cynthia asked.
Come on J, you should have called on me
instead. She turned to her maids and said;
‘Now get out of here you two. The maids
left in a hurry, then Cynthia stood there
watching me do whatever I was doing. I
wish I knew what I was doing. But whatever
it was, it was really funny because I saw
Cynthia laughing over and again at me.
Maybe I was playing the clown.
After a while she stopped laughing and
started advancing towards the shower
slowly. After three steps she stopped and
took off the fancy roller she used to pack
her hair and then flipped her hair. Chai! It
was such a lovely sight to behold. Again
she took another three steps and stopped,
unzipped the gown she wore from behind,
pulled it off her both arms and let go of it.
The gown dropped at once to the floor
covering only her feet while the rest of her
remained exposed. After another three
steps, she stopped again and did something
else more fascinating than the former. At
that point, I lost my mind completely and
would have cursed anyone who dared come
between me and that temporary insanity. I
sat on the floor of the bathroom watching
her as she kept blowing my mind after
every three steps until there was nothing
left of my mind to be blown. You won’t
believe this. She got into the shower and
stood right in front of me unclad. I don
CRAZE! She wanted to take a shower with
me.
‘This had to be it’ I thought. ‘I have come to
the end of the road. There’s no escape this
time’.
I closed my eyes like a soldier who was
giving up in a war he was determined to
conquer, and then suddenly!
To be continued.
Null

Post a comment