THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 9 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 9

Null
Ini heard a loud rumble from her stomach. The sound reminded her that she was hungry, she had been on her phone since Amarachi left the house chatting with
Kelvin via BBM. Their date on wednesday was a wonderful experience for her, she had never met a guy like him who shared the same ideologies and was passionate for the same things she was.

"So you mean, you don't like football? Almost every guy I know loves football" she sent a ping.

"That's not me dear, I don't just find it so interesting"

"k" she replied like every normal Nigerian girl would reply to notify the guy to keep on talking.

"L"

"What do you mean by L?"

"I was helping you recite the alphabets since you wrote k, I helped you with L"

"Lol, you're not serious"

"Hehehe... How about your friend?"

"Which?"

"The one I saw you with that saturday"

"Okay, she's fine "

"Alright, there is this friend of mine who is really obsessed with her"

"Who's that?"

"Frank"

"Oh! Frank? Please tell him to give his girlfriend rest of mind"

"He doesn't have a girlfriend"

"What about Bola?"

"She's not his girlfriend"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. He really does love your friend"

"I think he has to settle that by himself"
Dennis walked into the house sorrowfully. "Good evening mum" he greeted and walked into his room immediately.

"Mummy" janet called as she trotted downstairs, "I thought I heard my brother's voice now"

"Yes, he's gone into his room already"

With that, Janet made her way to her Dennis' room. She opened the door without waiting for him to respond to her knock. He faced the wall as he took off his shirt.

"Welcome brother, I've been waiting for you to give me feedback on... " She paused when he turned to her and she saw the expression on his face "what happened? Did anything go wrong"

"She didn't show up Janet" Dennis replied

"She didn't? Why?" She asked in a surprised tone.

"I don't know, she switched off her phone"

"Maybe something went wrong with her"

"No, nothing went wrong with her, I'm sure. She probably takes me for a fool or thinks I'm a flirt and didn't think it worth it to go out with me"

"No, she won't do that. Even if she will do it to other guys not you, you are her boss. Of course, except she doesn't value her job"

"She did. She's intelligent, it won't be hard for her to get another job, so she must have played me"

"Come on, don't conclude so easily. I'm still sure something went wrong"

"It's okay Janet, please leave now. I want to be alone"

"Okay brother, please take it easy" she turned to walked out and turned back again "I'll be leaving fo school tomorrow afternoon, will you drop me?"

"I will, just leave me alone for now"
Amarachi walked into Dennis office at nine o'clock on Monday morning, she greeted him and gently placed a file on his table.

"Here is the document you requested for sir"

" Document? I've not requested for any document this morning" he replied without paying much attention to her but focused on his laptop.

"You told me on Friday to submit it today"

"Yes, but I told you to bring it by two o'clock in the afternoon"

"Yes, I just thought I should bring it earlier"

"Okay, you may tale your leave" he replied, picked up the file and shoved it underneath some other files, he looked up and she was still there "I said you may take you leave"

"Sorry sir, I wanted to apoligise for not showing up on Saturday"

"You don't need to apologise Miss, I made an error. Since you don't want to go out with me, let's just forget about it. " he replied sternly.

"It's not that" she replied with a pleading voice, "I got an emergency call, I had to rush to check my father who fell ill and settle his hospital bill"

"Your father fell ill?" He replied unconvinced she was saying the truth, he looked at her face and asked " was that why you also switched off your phone?"

"I didn't switch it off, it fell into water while I was in a rush to get the money and go to the hospital. I'll repair the phone later today"

"It's okay" he replied and argued within himself if she was really saying the truth, he dismissed the thought of her being dishonest because he concluded she had nothing to gain that way.

" I'm sorry about your Dad, hope he is better now?" He finally believed her

"Yes he is"

"Thank God" he replied with a brief smile and turned to have a proper view of her, "please sit for a moment". He turned back to his laptop and quickly saved a document he was reading.

"So why don't you buy a new phone instead of repairing that one?"

"It only fell into water, it can still be repaired"

"I think you should buy another."

"That would be after sometime sir, I can't get one now"

"Why can't you? Just tell me the kind of phone you want and we'll have it delivered here in less than two hours"

"I don't have money for that"

"I'll pay for it"

"No, you don't have to bother yourself. I'll get a phone myself"

"I insist, you'll take the phone from me as a punishment for missing the date" he said and both of them laughed.
Frank carefully skimmed through the account books for his three salons. He was amazed at how much progress he had made within few years, he thanked his God for giving him the wisdom to have started the hair styling business instead of loitering around Etyle city searching for a white collar job. His headquarter salon had grown so big and was the place most celebrities and prominent people in the country who lived in the city had their hair do.

He also made a sum of his savings in his personal bank accounts and had about a total of nine hundred thousand in them. He started to think of what to do with the money, he thought of adding more money to it and getting a new car or renting a separate apartment. He finally decided to go for a house first and open another branch of salon somewhere else in the city.

He was still thinking of his next move when his phone rang.

"Hello, Frank Stephen, Manager of Royal Salon on the line"

"Hello Frank, it's me"

"Who?" The voice sounded like Bola's but he asked to be sure.

"It's me Bola, don't you have my phone number again?"

"Bola, what do you want from me? We don't have any business together"

"We have Frank. Please I'm sorry for shouting at you in your office the other day. The truth is that I love you and I don't think I can live without you. Please, let us meet and talk about us"

"Are you done?" He asked unconcerned "get this straight! There is no us, please don't call me again, we have no business together"

"We'll continue to have a business together, I'm carrying your baby"

"What??"

"You heard me right, I'm pregnant for you"


...to be continued
Null

Post a comment