THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 18 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

THE INSEPARABLE FRIENDS CHAPTER 18

Null
Amarachi was busy in the kitchen, she just finished preparing Ini's favourite food, Fried rice. She also fried some plantain.


It was 6.30pm and Ini wasn't home yet. Amarachi being concerned about her made a call to ask where she was since she was supposed to have returned by then.

"Hello Ini"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering why you not at home yet. I just finished preparing dinner"

"What's your business with when I come home?" Ini snapped back

"I'm just concerned dear, since you didn't tell me you won't be coming home early"

"Cheii. Please don't call me for something so unnecessary again. And dinner? I'm not interested, you can eat alone"

Ama was saddened by the response, she was short of words to say. Before the call ended, she heard a female voice which wasn't Ini say

"That Amarachi girl again abi?

She walked into her room, the first thing her eyes met was her Bible, she picked it up and flipped it open, the first verse she saw was 1st Peter 5:7

" Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

She wondered why she had tried to solve the problem by herself without involving God all this while. She knelt down by her bed and said some words of prayer.



*At Bola's place *

"Don't tell me that girl is still with you. Ain't you supposed to have sent her away"

"I can't send her away", Ini replied. "Though I'm angry with her, she's still ny friend"

"Friend my foot, she's your friend and she wants to ruin your relationship?"

"I don't know, I'm confused. Kelvin says nothing happened between them that day. Maybe what you saw was wrong, you only thought they kissed"

"Hehehe, Ini" Bola continued. "This girl must have bewitched you, I know what I saw."

"But I didn't see them kissing and Kelvin says they didn't too"

"Kelvin is only trying to defend her. I saw her desperately pulling his head towards her that day and kissing him"

"Ah ahn"Ini questioned, "I don't get o, but you said they were passionately kissing that day?"

"Yeah... But ermm... She initiated it"

"I don't still get"

"See Ini, Amarachi is a LovePeddler. She's even after my boyfriend Frank, whom I am now pregnant for"

"That's a lie, Amarachi is not after Frank. And how is Frank your boyfriend? Kelvin says there's nothing between you and Frank"

"Kelvin says? Who is Kelvin and what does he know about me?"

"Oh! That's another thing entirely, you don't even know Kelvin. You only met him when you came to the hospital."

"Yes?"

"That's another proof that you are lying. Kelvin and Frank are friends, they even live together. I wonder how you don't know Kelvin If Frank is really your boyfriend"

"See, I've never been to Frank's house so I don't know his friends, but he is my boyfriend and we'll be getting married soon because I'm pregnant for him already"

"I think I have to leave now. You're just
confusing me with all these"

"There's nothing to be confused about Ini. See", she went closer and held Ini's hands. "Amarachi is not to be trusted, you know we've never disagreed on a matter like this till she came. Just send her away, that girl is a devil. You said you got reprimanded today, that means she's already plotting a way to pull you down at the office I'm sure she's also planning to take over your house"

Ini thought for a while and gave a brief hiss before she continued, "She can't do that, No. I know her."

She picked up her bag and proceeded to the door, "thank you Bola, I'll see you later".

Before she drove off in her car, she made a call.

"Hello Kelvin, where are you?"... Can I see you now? ... Don't bother, I'll come to your house,I believe I'm close by, just give me the address... Okay, I know that place well, expect me there in five minutes"
"Oh boy, this palour has to be neat sharp sharp o" Kelvin said leaving his friends on the rug where they were all seated playing cards

"Wetin? E no neat before" Frank replied him in pidgin English.

"Wetin this one dey talk? You no dey play again? Na who call you self? " Bode asked

"My babe, Ini. She wants to come here."

"Ehn ehn, why all of a sudden? Why didn't she tell you before?" Frank asked getting and packing the cards.

"Dunno. She said she wants to discuss something brief with me" he replied returning the sofas to the original positions.

"Okay na, that means I will have postpone your beatings till next time" Bode teased his friends as he picked up his shirt and walked towards the room.

"Hahaha, see this one o. Don't worry we'll see who will be beaten next time" Frank joined.

"Okay, I'll come meet you there now." Kelvin answered a call and walked out of the house.

In less than one minute, he came back into the living room with Ini.

"Here's my house, you're welcome"

"Thanks, you have a nice place. What about your friends?"

"They are in their rooms, I guess. So, you said you just wanted to see me briefly, hope its nothing serious?"

"Nope, just ask you about some things"

"Okay. But first, what can I offer you?"

"No, don't bother. I won't stay for long"

"Yeah, I know. But you have to take something" Kelvin insisted.

"Okay, just get me a cup of water then"

"A cup of water? Hmm, I see" Kelvin walked into the kitchen, he returned with a cup and chilled fruit juice"

"Oh! Thanks" Ini smiled at him

"You're welcome, feel free" he said as he sat beside her

"Thanks" she took a sip. " So tell me what you think about Amarachi ?"

"What I think about her?"

"Yes"

"She's your Friend, I don't know much about her but she seems nice to me"

"Okay, so she didn't try to force herself on you?" Ini asked narrowing her gaze at him.

"Come on, don't go there again. We've been through it several times already. Who told you she forced herself on me?"

"Bola did, she said she saw her trying to force herself on you"

"Who's this Bola? Your friend who met us at the hospital?"

"Yes and she's also the one who claims to be Frank's girlfriend" She spoke in low tones

"Oh! That's she? I don't even recognise her."

"Okay?"

"Look Ini, that girl is cunning, She's pretty good at lying and deceiving. There was nothing that happened at the hospital that day"

"Hmmm"

"And you see, she's also trying to coerce Frank into marrying her now, she claims she's pregnant for him"

"She's pregnant for him? I thought she was lying when she told me", Ini looked at him suspiciously.

"Wait, I don't get anymore. You said there was nothing between them before, now you're saying she's pregnant for him?"

"Yes, there was..." Kelvin started to explain but stopped as Frank and Bode walked into the living room.

"Oh! See who we have here", Bode exclaimed. " the Angel that has been driving our friend crazy has come to visit us. How are you?" He extended his hand to her.

"I'm fine, thank you." She smiled as she shook his hand.

"Nice to see you again" Frank also shook her hands, "how is Amarachi?"

"Oh! She's doing fine"
"Good, send my greetings to her"

"Okay, She'll hear"

"Alright, we were actually on our way out, we need to check out the fixtures for next week" Bode continued

"Hope you guys are not leaving because of me?"

" No o, we'll be back soon. Enjoy yourself"

"Okay, thanks"

As soon as they were out of sight, Kelvin continued

"See, the matter between Frank and Bola is complicated. You might not..."

"Okay kelv, I just need to know if there's something between them. " Ini interrupted.

"Yes, there is now. Something just came up" Kelvin said calmly.

"Its okay, I have to leave now" Ini replied after she took a glance at her wrist watch and stood up immediately.

"Ini" he called holding her hands

"Yeah Kelvin. Don't worry, we'll talk later. Its nice knowing your place. I don't want to be hooked up in the traffic jam"

"Okay, can we see tomorrow evening?" He asked as he walked her to her car.

"Okay, just call me"

"Alright, bye." He stood and watched Ini drive off until the car was out of sight, he returned to the house

As Ini drove home, she thought about all she had heard that day. She wondered who to trust, Bola had said she caught Kelvin and Amarachi kissing passionately before only to change it to Amarachi being the one forcing the action. Kelvin had also lied to her about Frank not being in a relationship with Bola before only to confirm that Bola as pregnant for Frank that day.

She thought about Amarachi, she knew deep in her hear that Amarachi wasn't a deceiver. But the problem Amarachi always seem to take the most important things to her especially what if she had been working on it for a long time. Whether Amarachi purposely does it to frustrate her or if it was just fate was what she didn't know.

In less than thirty minutes of driving, she got home. The living room was empty as she got in, Amarachi was in her room.
Hungry and tired, Ini walked to the dining table. The aroma that invited her was irresistible, she opened the plate to check, it was her favourite food.

She was about to sit and eat when she remembered she had earlier told Amarachi she wouldn't be eating. She got up sadly, refusing to swallow her pride and walked towards her room immediately.

"Good evening Ini" Amarachi greeted from behind

Ini looked back and stopped without replying

"I served your food already"

"Hahaha, you served my food? Who's gonna rat that poison you prepared?" Ini hissed at her and walked into her room deeply regretting that she didn't even taste the food.



To be continued
Null

Post a comment