Food for thought | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

Food for thought

Null
Food for thought.......
My boss drove a luxury car
everyday and it was my duty to
greet him and to open the gates
for him, as I worked as a
watchman in his villa. But he
never responded back to my
greetings.
One day he saw me opening the
garbage bags outside the villa in
search of any left over food. But,
as usual he never even looked at
me, it was like as if he never saw
anything! The very next day I
saw a paper bag at the same
place, but it was clean and the
food inside was covered well. It
was fresh and good food like
someone had just brought it
from the supermarket. I didn't
bother as to where it came from,
I just took the paper bag and I
was so happy about it.
Every day I found this paper bag
at the same place with fresh
vegetables and all that we
needed for home. This became
my daily routine. I was eating
and sharing this food with my
wife and kids. I was wondering
who this fool could be! To forget
his paper bag full of fresh food
everyday.
One day there was a big problem
in the villa and I was told that my
boss had died. There were too
many guests coming to the villa
that day and I didn't get any food
that day, so I thought that one of
the guests must have taken it.
But the same thing happened the
second day, the third day and the
fourth day. It went on like this
for a few weeks and I found it
difficult to provide food for my
family, so I decided to ask the
widow of my boss for a raise in
my salary or else I would quit my
job as a watchman.
After I told her, she was shocked,
and asked me, how come I never
complained about my salary for
the last two years. And why was
this salary not enough for you
now? I gave her so many
excuses but she was never
convinced!
Finally in the end, I decided to tell
her the truth, I told her the entire
story of the bag of groceries, and
as to how it was my daily
provision. She then asked me as
to when this stopped. I told her
that it had stopped after the
death of her husband. And then I
realized that I stopped seeing the
paper bag immediately after the
death of my boss.
Why didn't I ever think of this
before? That it was my boss who
was providing this for me? I
guess it was because I never
thought that a person who never
replied to my greetings could
ever be this generous!
The woman started to cry and I
told her to please stop crying and
that I was really sorry that I
asked for a raise, I didn't know
that it was her husband who
was providing me with the
meals. I promised to remain a
watchman and be happy to
provide my service.
She said to me, "I'm crying
because I've finally found the 7th
person my husband was giving
this bag full of food to. I knew
my husband was giving 7 people
everyday, I had already found the
other 6 people, and all these days
I was searching for the 7th
person. And today I found out."
From that day onwards, I started
to receive the bag full of food
again, but this time it was the
son who brought it to my house
and gave it to my hand. But
whenever I thanked him, he
never replied, just like his dad!
One day, I told him, "THANK YOU!"
in a very loud voice! He replied
back to me to please not be
offended when he didn't reply,
because he had a hearing
problem, just like his dad!
Oh May God forgive us all, for we
have all, as humans, judged
another person without
knowing the real story behind
their actions. May God forgive us
all and guide us towards the
right path in life......
Null

Post a comment