I and Ogechi...Episode 10 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

I and Ogechi...Episode 10

Null

The airport securities tried to cut down the crowd that followed Ogechi as she led me to a more restricted area in the airport.

‘(With much excitement) I missed you like

hell. It was almost like I was going to
explode if I didn’t see you soon enough.
Ogechi said to me.
‘I missed you too Ogechi, but’…(Ogechi
interrupts)
‘Say less my dear. There’s a whole lot of
time for words. I can’t wait to hear you say
those things that captured my heart. For
now, we have to board a flight to Enugu.
We’ll talk when the plane is in the air. By
the way, how did you know I was coming in
today? Don’t tell me it’s one of those your
IMAGINARY REALITY stuff. I was planning
to pay you a surprise visit’
‘Well, Ogechi, our meeting here is a
coincidence. I’m actually on my way to the
United States for a Master’s Degree
program. All plans regarding that has been
concluded. If not that my flight got
delayed, you wouldn’t have met me here’
‘You are on your way to America? Thank
God your flight got delayed! Sweetheart I
came back for you. You are the reason I let
go off a multi-million dollar contract with
my label. I came back to be with you. How
come you didn’t even bother to talk to me
about it? I would have stayed back and
waited for you instead’
‘How was I to know you were coming home?
Besides, our communication was on the
low, so there was no way we possibly could
have talked about that’
‘You could have at least tried to inform me.
I’m not just anybody to you’
‘I contacted you a couple of times and got
to speak with some guy who kept telling me
he was your manager and that you were
unavailable. After a couple of times, I
stopped because it was obvious I wasn’t
going to get the chance to speak with you’
‘oooOOOhhhHHH!! Is there really nothing
you can do to cancel this trip? I can’t stand
being here without you. It’s going to affect
everything I do. My music career might
even collapse as a result of your absence’
she said.
‘God forbid! I countered. How can that be
when you’ve been in America without me for
months and it didn’t collapse?
‘It was about to. I came back because I
started losing concentration on everything I
did. My manager noticed and talked to me
about it. He told me my label owner had
started complaining about my poor stage
performances during the last few months of
my contract with them. I was the only one
aware of the problem I was having. I tried
to hold on, but to no avail. There was only
one way to solve the problem, and that was
being with you. Seeing you every day and
knowing you are close to me. Jesusboy,
that misery that made me leave America
will surely come upon me if you continue
with this journey.
(She held my two hands and wrapped my
arms around her waist, wrapped her arms
around my neck, held me close and kissed
me PASSIONATELY) CHOI!!!!
‘I LOVE YOU JESUSBOY’ she said in the
most romantic way ever. Neither Romeo nor
Juliet ever professed love in such manner.
Honestly speaking, I didn’t know what to do
again. Onye’s relative had spent a lot of
money and time trying to get me a visa.
How would she feel if I told her I wasn’t
going to push through with the journey
anymore? I needed council but there was no
time to get enough of that, because I
needed to be counseled before my flight
was ready, and there was no way that was
going to happen. I went deep in thought
while Ogechi was just staring at me and
hoping I would change my mind and stay
back. After thinking about a whole lot, I
released a deep breath and said to her; why
don’t you come right back to the United
States? I have already declared publicly
that I have come to stay. Secondly, my
recording label had brought in another
singer to replace me the moment I left. If I
go back there, they might not give me
preferential treatment as they should. I
don’t want to be ridiculed by anyone. Even
you wouldn’t like that for me would you? No
oo! I answered sharply.
I then explained why I couldn’t cancel the
trip abroad. I told her about how Onye’s
relative had been so kind to me. How she
spent a lot of money on my visa and all
that. After I told her, she saw reasons why I
had to go, but still didn’t want me to go.
While we were still arguing, Onye called me
and asked; Guy! Where you dey nah? Plane
don ready! I dey come now-now, I replied. I
turned to Oge and said; I have to go now,
my flight is ready. She cried and held onto
me tightly. I could tell she was willing to
hold onto me till the flight took off if she
had the capability to do so. Her tears
moved me. As her tears rolled down her
eyes, she raised her face, looked me in the
eye and asked; are you really going? I
looked at her watery face, which her wet
eyes had rained tears upon, and I changed
my mind. She looked beautiful, tender, soft,
and adorable. I’m definitely staying.
Onye, found us. When he saw us he
screamed; Guy wetin dey worry you nah?
People don dey enter plane finish. Abi you
want disappoint my cousin? As soon as I
heard the word ‘disappoint’ I came back to
my senses. I embraced Ogechi and then let
go off her. I promised her I was going to
call her every day till I returned. I also
promised to return more regularly than I
had planned to. All those promises didn’t
appeal to Ogechi’s emotions. She kept
weeping and following after me closely as I
and Onye headed for the plane. When we
got close to the door I stopped and looked
back at her. She was weeping more bitterly.
I couldn’t take it anymore. Everyone had
gotten on board the flight except I and
Onye. Onye held my hand and was pulling
me gently towards the door as I looked at
Ogechi. I shook Onye’s hand off me and
stood firm. What do you think you’re doing?
Onye asked. I turned and looked at Onye,
turned again towards Ogechi. Her mood
changed automatically when she noticed my
actions. I turned again to look at Onye, and
he said; come on guy, let’s go. There’s no
more time for all these. Then I turned
towards Ogechi again…..,,,
To be continued.
Null

Post a comment