Evra: I will shake Suarez's hand | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

Evra: I will shake Suarez's hand

Null
Juventus defender Patrice Evra says he will shake hands with

Barcelona ’s Luis Suarez
in Saturday’s
Champions League
final.
The two were embroiled in a race row during
their time in England when Suarez was found
guilty of racially abusing the then Manchester
United defender during a clash with Liverpool
at Anfield.
Suarez was handed a ban but, upon his
return, caused more controversy by snubbing
Evra in the pre-match handshakes.
“I will shake his hand – I am a professional,”
the Frenchman told Sky Sports .
“Like I’ve said many times, I’m proud of my
colour and it doesn’t matter. I’m playing
against Barcelona, I’m not playing just
against Luis Suarez.
“Every player in the team, they will feel me,
because I will play a really important game.”
Evra also revealed his surprise at the
workload expected of players in Italy, insisting
he has never felt better.
“It was a shock at the beginning because, to
be fair, I did not expect the way Juventus
Football Club were working," the 34-year-old
added. "They work really hard.
“I think the training sessions are more
difficult than the game. In pre-season I
remember the manager [Massimiliano] Allegri
always asking me ‘Pat, are you OK’ – I was
always saying ‘for the moment I’m still alive’.
And it was true, because it was difficult. I’d
never worked so hard in my life.
“It’s a great experience because, even for my
age now, I feel like I’m more powerful than
when I was younger. I qualify myself like a
bottle of wine – the more I get older, the more
it tastes sweet!”
Both Juventus and Barcelona are on the hunt
for a treble after both earned domestic
league-and-cup doubles.
Null

Post a comment