Adebimpe The Facebook Girl Part 5. "......Episode 26 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

Adebimpe The Facebook Girl Part 5. "......Episode 26

Null
The following day, I went to a
supermarket and purchased the things
segun told me to buy, I packaged them
inside a nylon and took it home. I was
scared to present them to funmilayo on
her birthday. I wanted to send the gifts
to her through someone else but segun
said I must deliver it to her myself.
On thursday morning. I left home so
early so as to get to work on time. I got
to the bank at few minutes to 7am. I
went to my office, checked around and
found out that my colleagues who shared
the same floor with me weren’t around
yet, I picked the gift and went to funmi’s
office, I knocked on her door several
times and got no response, I pressed the
lock and found out it wasn’t locked. I
opened the door , entered and I saw her
bag on her table. “Funmi must definitely
be around, maybe she went out” I
thought. I dropped the nylon on her desk,
I picked a pen and paper from her desk
and wrote “happy birthday from onihaxy”
and inserted it inside the nylon. I turned
back and held the handle of the door to
open it. As I opened it, I saw funmi
walking towards the office and she was
looking at me in a weird manner. I was
shocked and my legs began to shake on
the floor. It was as if the ground should
open. Funmi came closer while I stood
still at the entrance of her office.
ME: good morning funmi
FUNMI: morning onihaxy, and what are
you doing in my office?
ME: nothing, I just came to wish you
happy birthday but I met your absence.
FUNMI: ok, thank you very much for the
wishes. Hope you brought enough cash
to take me out for lunch today?
ME: ***smiled**** no problem
FUNMI: ***smiled*** alright dear, have a
nice day at work.
ME: thank you.
I walked out of the office immediately
with fear filled up in my mind. I hanged
around with the other team members till
the connect session began and ended.
After the connect, I resumed back to my
desk and my heart began to beat faster.
“What if she find the gift embarrassing?”
“What if she get angry?”
“won’t I loose my job because of this
act?”
“Hope she won’t change towards me?”
“How do I even face her if she calls me?”
I sneaked my phone out of my pocket
and positioned my self in a way that no
one would see me using a phone during
official hours. I buzz my friend to come
online.
ME: sege!!!
SEGE: oko bimpe, how far? You don
present the gift?
ME: yeah. I did that this morning.
SEGE: you gave her the gift yourself one
on one?
ME: no oh, I dropped it on her table.
SEGE: onihaxy, why you dey fuck up like
this na?. Something like this needed to
be presented one on one. Not only that
your gift will be appreciated, but your
boldness to think of such gift items and
present it yourself without any fear would
be much more appreciated and it will
spell maturity.
ME: I no know before.
SEGE: e never spoil finish, its possible
that she calls you, just be bold enough to
face her and give any explanation she
demands.
Me: ok boss.
SEGE: no wahala. Give me an update
later in the night.
ME: no wahala.
I dropped my phone and opened my
outlook on my system. I saw a message
from funmi. I opened it with fear filled in
my heart and it read thus “thanks so
much for the gifts, I appreciate them.
Just that I’m so surprised how exactly
you knew my size”.
I let out a smile of relieve and started to
feel like a superstar. I continued my work
until my break time when I was about to
go out, funmi walked out of her office
and came to meet me, she stood beside
my desk and looked at me with a grin on
her face and asked “are you still taking
me out for lunch?” I was shocked and I
never knew funmi was serious about it. I
was dumb for few seconds until I finally
summoned the courage to tell that I
wasn’t prepared for it but promised to do
that some other time. She smiled, nodded
and cat-walked out of the office, I was
looking at her as she walked out and I
began to smile also. As I managed to sit
down and looked at the other side, I
discovered that my “aprokos” co-staffs
were watching us in amazement. Before
the close of business for that day, the
news got to my team lead that I wanted
to take “query mama” out for a lunch.
I got home that day and I called my
friend to update him on phone about
what happened during the day. He
smiled and said “onihaxy, welldone, this
is the beginning of your journey to
become a permanent staff”.

To be continued
Null

Post a comment