Adebimpe The Facebook Girl...Part 4...Episode 9 | A 1000% LAFF AFRICA

Adebimpe The Facebook Girl...Part 4...Episode 9

Null
Bimpe continued to call me from thursday till that weekend but I never picked up.
It was saturday morning, betty had called me earlier to give me time.
 I put on my best shirt and trouser which I have ironed the previous night, I sprayed a new expensive perfume I bought from bimpes money. I stood infront of the mirror to access myself many times before stepping out.
Onihaxy!!!, you are going to meet rich in-laws, so you have to package yourself.

I carried myself in style from my house to oshodi to lekki gate. I took a shuttle bus to bettys house and finally arrived at their compound by 4pm. Betty came to pick me from the gate and we entered the house together.
I met henry in the living room watching football highlights. He welcomed me and I sat beside him after greeting him, betty excused us and climbed upstairs.

ME: hello sir,

HENRY: hi mr …………?

ME: onihaxy

HENRY: oooh onihaxy, I used to forget your name.

ME: ***smiled****

HENRY: thanks so much for the other day, I so much appreciate you.

ME: **lean forward*** you are welcome sir

HENRY: ***smiled and silent***

ME: so how is daniella?,

HENRY: she is fine. She is upstairs sleeping.

ME: hope she has fully recovered?

HENRY: yes. The doctor just told us to let her rest.

ME: thats cool.

HENRY: so, how is work and family?

ME: fine sir.

HENRY: what is your occupation?

ME: ***chaiii, omo see interview***, eehmmm. I work with a water company as a quality control manager.

HENRY: waaaoooh. Thats cool, hope its not stressful?,

ME: not really, but anything that involves payment has to come in stress.

HEnRY: you are so right.

ME: ****silent for a while****

HENRY: ****silent too***

ME: ****looked at the TV screen*** this gunners club are not trying of recent

HENRY: yes ooo my brother. The club don dey fuck-up this days. And they had been barren for years

ME: yes ooo
***football argument continued******

BETTY: ****coming down from the stairs and looking at us******. Hmmm, men and football sha!!!!

HENRY: na so now, atleast ours is better than gossips you girls do. *** faced me*** onihaxy, abi no be so?

ME: ***smiled*** na so oooo.

BETTY: ehn ehn onihaxy!!, is that what you will say also?

ME: smiled

HENRY: ***faced betty**** where is bimpe?

BETTY: she is still in the kitchen.

ME: hmmmm, no wonder I have been perceiving aroma since ***smiled***

HENRY: betty, please tell her that we are ready to eat.

Betty went to the kitchen while henry and I continued our arguments, we started from football, then enter politics from there to life style, then to women. We related as if we knew each other for long. As we were discussing, bimpe was looking at me and I was looking back in annoyance but I hid it from betty and henry. The table was set and the four of us sat on the table. Betty did the serving and we were discussing as we are eating. I sat beside betty, bimpe sat next to her and opposite me. Henry sat beside bimpe.

HENRY: onihaxy, betty discussed so much about you which I think Im somehow satisfied with.

ME: thank you sir.

HENRY: my wife also said she used to live in same area with you before and that you guys used to fight.

Me: ***smiled***

BETTY: thats past tense brother, they have reconciled with each other.

BIMPE: ***smiled***

HENRY: if that is it, thank God. But onihaxy, there is a little problem.

ME: **scared*** what is that sir?

HEnRY: there is an agreement that she must posses her masters before getting married. Do you think you can cope and wait?

ME: Im already aware of that sir. I will definitely wait since I dont have another alternative.

BiMpE: ***paused her meal and stared at me****

BETTY: so if you have alternative, you will dump me abi?

ME: haba dear, you know I wont do that na.

BETTY: you just try it!!!, I will kill both of you. You and your alternative

THREE OF US: ***laughed***

HENRY: another thing is that she will be travelling out of the country for her program., hope you wont disappoint us?

ME: I wont sir, its betty we should beg that she shouldnt disappoint me.

HENRY: I trust her she dare not.
**faced bimpe***. Mummy daniella, you arent saying anything about our discussion?, why?

BIMPE: ***sighed*** just dont have anything to say to it. Whatever you people decide is ok by me.

BETTY: hmmmmmm. Brother, dont mind both of them, their fight is off and on?

BIMPE: haba!!!!, aunty betty, stop that now, did I tell you we are fighting?

ALL OF US: smiled.

HENRY: ****brought out a cheque*** mr onihaxy, here is a cheque of 100k, as a token of appreciation for saving our daughter. Thanks so much.

BIMPE & BETTY: stared at me

ME: ***think for a while****, thanks so much sir. But please keep it, daniella is more like my own daughter also.

BIMPE: ****looking scared***

ME: ***continued*** I knew her and used to meet her here even before knowing you. So it wont sound right. Thanks so much once again, no offence sir,

HENRY: thats wonderful mr onihaxy, but I still insist. Please accept it from me.

ME: ok, if you insist sir, hold it and deduct it from the bride price I will be paying.

HENRY: ***handshake with me***, thanks so much onihaxy,

ME: you are welcome sir.

We chit-chat for about 30 more minutes. I checked my time and it was few minutes to 7pm.

ME: I need to get going sir.

HENRY: why so early?

ME: my destination is far sir.

HENRY: where is that?

ME: ***chaii, how you go call mushin for this kind place na** fadeyi area.

HENRY: ok bro, see you some other time.

ME: **smiled*** you arent always around

HENRY: yeah. thats right, Im running. Professional course every weekend in abuja. I was around today just because I was expecting you.

ME: ok sir.

BETTY: ok, let me see you off. Ooops, where is my phone?

ME: where did you put it?

BETTY: I cant even remember, give me your phone onihaxy, let me use it to find my phone.

ME: ok ***hand over my phone to her****

BETTY: ***climbed upstairs with my phone in her hand using it to dial her number***

ME: *****ooooooooooooops!!, yeeepa!!!, bimpes text!!!!!!, I never delete am ooooo, I pray she didnt go through it ooooooooo*****

BETTY: **came down with a frown on her face***

ME: ***chaiii, e don happen today****

I bid them farewell and went out of the compound. Betty was holding her phone and mine, she frowned and was silent. Her mood remained the same as we were strolling to the bustop.

ME: my love, you look so dull and silent, what is the matter?

BETTY: **silent***

ME: ***stopped**, betty, what is the matter?, have I done anything wrong?

BETTY: ***stopped also****. Onihaxy, who is the lady that sent you a text last night?. Tell me the truth and dont lie please.

ME: ***chaiiii!!!!, e don happen today***


To be continued
Null

Post a comment